This policy is effective as of 1 April 2019.
What Personal Information Do You Collect?
The following personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths.
- Information that you voluntarily submit while using the services on this website.
- Information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it.
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata.
- Any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
How Do You Use My Personal Information?
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. Your personal information may be used for the following:
- Administering this website and our business.
- Personalising the website for you.
- Enabling your use of the services available on this website.
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications.
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested.
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you.
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).
- Sending you marketing communications relating to our services or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Keeping this website secure and prevent fraud.
If you submit personal information for publication on this website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
How Will You Disclose My Personal Information?
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section.
Retaining Personal Information
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Securing Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password-protected servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy.
What Are My Data Protection Rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access. You have the right to request for copies of your personally identifiable data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to response to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via email to email@example.com.
If you make a request, we may require you to supply the appropriate evidence of your identity for the purpose of verifying your personal information.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
This website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- We use Google Analytics on this website for the following purposes:
- To note when a user visits the website.
- To track users as they navigate the website.
- Improve the website’s usability.
- Analyse the use of the website.
- Administer the website.
- Prevent fraud and improve the security of the website.
- Personalize the website for each user.
- We use security-related cookies to minimise the risk of your personal data submitted to the website being intercepted. These cookies are typically removed or cleared when you leave this website or close your browser.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please consult the documentation of your particular web browser for further instructions on how to disable cookies.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may disable certain functionality and features on this website. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies unless absolutely necessary.